Salary: $75,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
Date Posted: April 22, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 354675
Minimum 5 years on Public Accounting
$75 - $110 k
PURPOSE The Manager role is responsible for managing client engagements and projects and delivering a high quality service. This includes coaching, advising, and supporting team members in meeting client and self-development expectations.
REPORTS TO/ ACCOUNTABILITY Senior Manager or Partner (on Engagements); Manager Advisor
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS • Business acumen. • Project management skills. • Team management skills including an ability to lead, direct and coach. • Client relationship skills. • Technical knowledge and a developing area of expertise.
- Develops and strengthens long-term relationships with senior client management and peer client levels.
- In the absence of a Supervisor, competently performs full review of tax returns and/or audit engagements before submission to the Partner.
- Manages the engagement budget and profitability in their area of responsibility.
- Structures work teams to successfully meet client expectations and help develop strong client partnerships.
- Develops and is accountable for the engagement work plan and ensures assigned tasks and responsibilities are achieved.
- In consultation with the engagement partner, helps develop solutions for clients and manages the implementation of ideas.
- Advises, coaches and supports team members including providing consistent recognition, encouragement, and constructive feedback to team members to increase retention and utilization.
- Actively participates in staff development, including as a Manager Advisor and through completion of engagement and annual performance evaluation processes.
- Anticipate issues, assesses alternatives and takes appropriate measure to resolve issues.
- Anticipates and communicates budget issues, identifies opportunities to improve engagement profitability and prepares timely billings and conducts collections work.
- Identifies client needs/opportunities to sell additional value added services.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities and refers them to the appropriate team member
- Adheres to the Firm’s Mission and Core Values.
- Maintains the Firm’s objective of integrity and compassion by treating others fairly and with respect.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Meets engagement objectives (time frames, budgets, outcomes) - delivering quality, on time, and within budget.
- Client satisfaction. • Business development results – selling and cross-selling
- Team engagement and satisfaction and maintaining a positive and professional attitude
- Participation in firm wide initiatives - recruitment, business development, and retention initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong team management skills - the ability to lead, motivate, and coach teams of people
- Demonstrated ability and presence as a role model for other staff and professionals, including as a result of professional and technical reputation
- Experience in one or more specialized areas/industries.
Tax and Audit Professionals: the CPA, JD, and/or CMI Designation is required
Consulting/Advisory: CPA, JD, ABV, ASA, CFE and/or other relevant credential is required
Small Business Services: A level of technical competence as demonstrated through either: CPA, other professional credentials (i.e. CMA, EA, etc.), advanced degrees (Masters or PhD), and/or significant relevant experience is required.