Date Posted: April 24, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 353570
Exciting AP Specialist Opportunity!
This is a temp to hire position with a growing company in North Dallas!
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties according to established policies and procedures. Primary responsibilities include ensuring that all invoices are accurate and paid in a timely manner. Applicant must be organized, have great follow up skills and be detailed oriented.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. This includes matching purchase orders and receiving paperwork to invoices where applicable.
- Coding; review and provide when needed
- Handle new vendor set-up within SAP
- Prepare month-end accruals based on invoices not yet processed
- Prepare month-end expense report
- Process inter-company transfers initiated by payment vouchers
- Prioritize invoices according to discounts and payment terms.
- Work with the Treasury department on check runs, ACH, wire payments and voiding checks when needed.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research price/quantity discrepancies and take action to resolve issues.
- Work with vendors and answer inquiries.
- Assist in posting journal entries and accruals at month end.
- Assist with special projects supporting the AP department.
The needed qualifications are:
- At least 3 years of Accounts Payable experience with recent 3 way match exposure, preferably in JDE / Ariba systems.
- Good Excel skills.
- Professionalism and committed to success.
- High School diploma or higher education level.