Date Posted: March 18, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 350902
Senior Cost Accountant
PrideStaff Financial has partnered with our client in Coppell as they look for a Senior Cost Accountant to join their team!
This is a great opportunity for stability and growth!! Hiring for a permanent role and offering a salary starting between $75-90K plus benefits.
As the Senior Cost Accountant, you will direct activities of product costing, manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation. The position provides recommendations to senior management in support of company goals. Position reports to the Controller and will take ownership of productivity, reporting costs, margins and expenditures.
- Perform month end close activities
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information
- Maintain cost rolls/updates
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, etc. to determine effects on costs. Analyzes production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual costs
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Prepares estimates for new and proposed product or service costs
- Recommends cost efficiencies for new products or services
- Manages reports comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in ERP system
- Maintain and improve processes and controls related to manufacturing costs and inventory valuation
- Lead and manage quarterly inventory review
- Ensure validity and accuracy of system data through analysis, audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, to include system requirements and internal controls
- Participate on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Monitor costing systems and analyze variances
- Review labor allocations and match progress variances; review purchase price variances
- Manage process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor Degree required in accounting or finance
- Manufacturing industry experience is a plus
- ERP experience desired along with strong Excel skills: advanced financial modeling and analytical functions
- 5+ years of accounting experience; cost accounting experience required
- 3+ years of operational experience
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and detail
- Clear, professional communication skills and confidence in stating professional opinions
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes