Salary: $22.00 - $25.00
Date Posted: April 22, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 350266
Pridestaff Financial is conducting a search on behalf of their Akron client. We are seeking to hire a qualified Mixed Finance Compliance Manager
This is a direct hire opportunity!
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists Lead Property Manager in preparation long- and short-term strategic plans for the assigned site(s); develops and implements policies and procedures related to the operations of assigned site(s).
- Supervises and/or coordinates the work of clerical staff as assigned; establishes meaningful job objectives for subordinate staff and monitors the accomplishment of those objectives; motivates staff to work together in an efficient manner; participates in hiring staff, establishes performance standards, conducts regular coaching sessions, delivers or recommends disciplinary action up to and including suspensions and terminations, conducts staff meetings, approves time sheets and annual vacation and sick leave, and monitors absences; complies with applicable bargaining unit agreements.
- Ensures that all resident files are maintained in accordance with all program regulations.
- Ensures that all necessary annual and interim re-certifications are completed timely and in accordance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Conducts and/or coordinates all audits as necessary.
- Submits all required paperwork and reports accurately and in a timely manner, including monthly and annual reports on compliance issues (if any), asset/financial management, personnel issues.
- Responsible for all audits and/or compliance initiatives; works with project based contract administrator to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations; ensures the fulfillment of obligations under the applicable management agreements.
- Works directly with all internal and external auditors and completes all required audit responses.
- Provides training to site staff relating to all compliance matters.
- Maintains clear and consistent communication with outside agencies and internal Authority departments.
- Handles all issues pertaining to rent calculations; refers special cases to the appropriate authority as needed; establishes and maintains positive relations by interacting with residents through informal meetings, and through oral, telephonic and written communications.
- Ensures positive interactions between residents and subordinate staff.
- Administers informal resident grievance process in accordance with Authority policies and procedures; participates in informal meetings and appears in court as needed.
- Devotes appropriate attention to Action Plan objectives as assigned, ensuring that such goals are met or exceeded.
- Participates in coaching sessions; attends meetings and follows up as necessary.
- Maintains a record of acceptable staff attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Behavioral Competencies: This position requires incumbents to exhibit the following behavioral skills:
- Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition.
- Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands, monitors and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind. Recognizes working colleagues as customers.
- Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing. Demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; listens effectively.
- Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one's own work; does fair share of work.
- Leadership: Provides direction by clearly and effectively setting course of action for department and subordinates; manages performance by providing regular feedback and reinforcement to subordinates.
- Knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Project Based Section 8, Neighborhood Stabilization and HOME program regulations; knowledge of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s regulations and property/housing management as well as general landlord/tenant and fair housing laws; knowledge of procurement procedures and policies and budget management; knowledge of accounting and finance; understanding of Authority strategic goals and structure; skills in multi-tasking, prioritization and problem resolution; familiarity with Authority employment policies and union agreements.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three (3) years of compliance experience, including a minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education. LIHTC, Project-based Section 8, Re-certification and Rent Calculation certifications required or must be obtained within one year of hire. Must have valid Ohio driver’s license and be insurable under all policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be competent in the usage of housing management software, database, e-mail, internet, spreadsheet and word processing software. Must be able to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
JOB ID: 349611