Date Posted: April 24, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 348456
This is a temp to hire position with a growing company located in Lewisville!
The Collections Specialist is responsible for managing all levels of delinquent accounts, following the Collection Department's guidelines, the Collections Specialist will work to bring unpaid, past due balances to a positive balance.
- Partner with the company’s accounts receivable in pursuing collection of accounts in accordance with the company's SOP.
- Make regularly scheduled collection calls when accounts become delinquent based on payment terms. Also work to resolve disputes, provide status updates and help gather missing paperwork or contact information, etc. in effort to collect or resolve open balances on accounts.
- Make calls and or send emails on all delinquent accounts each month; Must be organized and efficient to make sure no delinquent accounts are missed.
- Meet daily and weekly collection goals set by the supervisor.
- Responsible for providing clear details regarding all adjustments; include all documentation required to clear adjustments.
- Tracks collection calls for all accounts
- Communication with the Accounts Receivable Department via email or phone.
- Monitor all accounts for potential write-offs; make recommendations for Third Party Collections and or Legal action.
- Provide data for management meetings to include portfolio performance and action plans for resolving delinquent accounts.
- Place delinquent accounts on credit hold and releasing holds in accordance with company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Negotiation Skills – Is able to settle a dispute with the best possible outcome, while maintaining the business relationship. Seek a win/win outcome.
Strong Oral/Written Communication Skills
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Is able to adapt to a high stressed, high volume environment.
Attendance/Punctuality – Arrives at work on time ready to work; Availability to work overtime as needed.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least one to five years related experience with Business to Business collections or Accounts Receivables.
PrideStaff (North Dallas location) is a locally-owned staffing & placement firm with a strong reputation as a fun-loving, quality-focused service provider. Our employees enjoy the following:
A professional, supportive team environment
Representation to North Dallas’ top employers
Full medical benefits package
Dedicated consultants that provide industry insights & resources to ensure continued career development
These are some of the many reasons we were recently recognized as one of
Dallas’ Best Places to Work! Learn more about the power of partnering with PrideStaff at staffingindallas.com!