Date Posted: January 10, 2019
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 343337
Responsible for the preparation and disbursement of weekly & bi-weekly payroll in a multi-state environment using ADP Vantage payroll and time & attendance software.
This position is responsible for:
- Auditing, preparation and processing of payroll, in accordance with local, State and Federal labor law guidelines/regulations
- Auditing and maintenance of General Ledger files
- Ensure payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Review computed wages and correct errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings/hours. Verify that all payroll changes are processed correctly
- Compiling and preparation and processing of employee garnishments
- Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files
- Work successfully in team environment assisting other members of the team when needed
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, and finance departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. department hours, leave balances, and retirement contribution reports)
Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of two-years benefit and payroll experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Experience with multi-state filing
- Experience with end-to-end payroll processing
- Two-year college degree or certificate in accounting
- Three years’ payroll and accounting experience in ag/food manufacturing
- FPC or CPP certifications
We provide equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.