Salary: $20 to $23
Date Posted: January 16, 2019
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 343105
PrideStaff Financial is currently seeking candidates to work for an investment company as a temporary Portfolio Operations Associate. This would be a great opportunity for a recent college graduate to get their foot in the door and gain much needed experience! The last two people we’ve placed there were hired on Full-Time.
Under direct supervision, you will be responsible for operational support for investment activities for mutual funds, global funds and privately managed accounts. This includes account set-up, cash investment activities, trade processing, confirmations, affirmations, and settlements.
- Ensures communication of trades to custodian(s) and appropriate fund accounting agent(s).
- Confirms all trades utilizing various internal and external applications and trade counter-parties.
- Liaise with brokers, custodians, vendors and internal departments in order to resolve any trade related issues on traditional assets, including equities, T-bills, municipals, foreign stocks and bonds, and other complex asset classes leveraging the Supervisor and/or senior personnel.
- Reports, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves all trade fails. Must work with Front Office, brokers, and custodians to define appropriate trading parameters based upon guidance from Supervisor.
- Work with custodians and counter-parties to identify and resolve buy-in situations. Resolutions must be timely and accurate to minimize risk to fund/accounts.
- Review broker confirms for trades not recorded in internal systems and report issues to Compliance.
- Utilizes custodian, fund accounting, and other third party systems to resolve inquiries and exceptions.
- Work with various internal and external parties to establish funds and other accounts in foreign markets prior to trading in that market based on defined policies and procedures.
- Assist in the review and implementation of solutions for current and new regulatory requirements for investment products (including monthly and quarterly reporting).
- Oversees reconciliation between internal systems and counterparties, custodians and vendors ensuring all escalated position exceptions are resolved prior to the market open.
- Maintains awareness of global offices’ procedures and requirements for trades, cash, compliance and fund accounting
- Must have a working knowledge of the investment industry
- Working knowledge of complex investment products preferred
- Ability to analyze detailed numerical data
- Adept in all Microsoft Office programs, with a special emphasis in Excel
- (minimum requirement to perform job duties) A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related field
- OR a minimum of 1 year of relevant industry experience