Date Posted: January 9, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 343093
Client in Lindsay is looking for a Fiscal Accountant. Individual must have extensive experience with cost allocations, grants management and Quick books.
Individual assumes responsibility for post award grant accounting for programs funded by grants or special revenue. The Fiscal Accountant ensures compliance by working with funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, and accurate submission of financial reports. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and provides additional support to Board's Finance Committee.
We are looking for a person with maturity, high professional standards and ethics, the ability to work with minimal supervision, and strong organizational skills. The Fiscal Accountant must have confidence and time management skills.
Must have prior experience (minimum 5 years) in a nonprofit organization with state and federal funds grants management and strong analytical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop annual budget and reports, including forecasting, for Board and Finance Committee.
- Manage and monitor funds related by funding source.
- Prepare allocations spreadsheet by funding source.
- Prepare a variety of spreadsheets for tracking various financial transactions.
- Responsible for tax reporting, organizational reporting, end of year close out work including depreciation, inventory/fixed asset management, and annual accrual entries.
- Enter monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring journal entries.
- Monthly reconciliation and closing responsibilities and preparing monthly financial statements.
- Process accounts receivable by preparing and posting cash receipts journal.
- Maintain account receivable records, prepare and track bank deposits and reconciliation.
- Maintain and accounts receivable spreadsheet for donations and all programs.
- Responsible for invoicing, coding, collection, and reconciliation of multiple grant funds.
- Monitor cash inflow and outflow to determine cash needs
- Process accounts payable by organizing and posting bills to accounting program, securing authorized signatures on checks and mailing payments.
- Set up and maintain vendor files, including year-end 1099's.
- Responsible for audit preparation and coordinates and prepares fiscal and personnel documentation for audits.
- Insures contracts and leasing agreements are complete and current.
- Assists the leadership team on systemic improvements, internal controls, documentation, and forms development.
- Provide administrative support to the Director and to the Board of Directors, including assisting with Board Committee meetings.
- Provide support to fundraising programs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in related filed plus two years of related work experience or five years of progressive work experience in finance/accounting.
- Substantial knowledge of personal computers and experience with nonprofit fund accounting programs and MS Office software, including Word and Excel. Quick books experience.