Date Posted: January 8, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 342996
A non-profit organization in the healthcare field is looking for a Staff Accountant. This role is primarily responsible for assisting with, or directly processing any accounting for transactions that come through the fiscal department. Assisting with or processing transactions includes but may not be limited to: Having an understanding of the business purpose of the transaction including knowing how the transaction will impact reporting for financial statements and grant billings as well as preparing the accounting in the general ledger system as well as any supporting reconciliations, schedules, or other documentation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting for weekly deposits from various funding sources.
- Correspondence: Phone calls, mail or e-mail follow-up for collection of receivables which may include but not be limited to members, donors, government funding agencies and other third parties as necessary.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all grant billings to generate ledger and grantor records along with generate invoices at the scheduled time each month to all grantors due during that period.
- Handle all inquiries regarding billing and payment status from all grantors and staff in a timely manner
- Grant budget creation and modifications adhering to grantor specifications
- Assist with A133 Audit Prep and auditors inquiries
- Reconcile all cash accounts on a monthly basis
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts, prepare prepaids, and other transactions as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of and accounting for payroll transactions.
- Abide by all HIPAA requirements
- Prepare PCF payments and reconciliations of monthly funds.
- Ability to be both compassionate and professional while serving our population
- Ability to be both compassionate and professional with staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Excellent customer service skills
- Five years bookkeeping
- BS in Accounting preferred
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods
Software and Other Systems Used
- Must be proficient in MS Systems (Word, Excel)
- Experience with Sage or Abila preferred
- Working knowledge of, or able to learn, Salesforce/PCF Process and Fund Management
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, Shoretel phone system
Contact Chris Goss at 775-391-3896 or firstname.lastname@example.org