Salary: $50-60K DOE
Date Posted: January 15, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 339714
Seeking a Staff Accountant who will assist the Accounting Manager with Accounts Payable, Inventory Management, Purchase Orders, GL entry, Reconciliations, Accounting/Finance Reports, Month-End Close and other office responsibilities.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring accuracy in all aspects; reviewing documents for proper authorization and support documentation; verifying correct GL coding and amounts. Additional duties include but not limited to assisting with audits, month end close, and general office duties.
This is a temp to hire position with a smaller, but growing company in Plano, TX.....they offer full benefits once hired!
Primary Job Duties:
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices.
- Review vendor invoices to ensure accurate billing, approvals and G/L coding.
- Maintain vendor contracts and vendor relations.
- Identify expenses and update weekly forecast reports
- Process and maintain supply purchase orders.
- Assist with maintaining and processing inventory management reports.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations, AP accruals and monthly spreadsheets to track various expenses for month end close.
- Process bank statement and credit card reconciliations.
- Process year-end reports including 1099’s.
- Provide supporting documentation for audit requests. Maintain accurate records and files associated with various business transactions.
- Strong understanding of accounting including analysis of Balance Sheet and P&L reports.
- Other office duties including but not limited to filing, supply orders/tracking, mailing/shipping, maintaining organized supply room and kitchen.
- Ad hoc requests and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- QuickBooks software strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, well organized, a self-starter and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional and positive attitude, team player and reliable.
- Strong communication skills required