Farmers Branch, TX
Date Posted: December 17, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 339146
PrideStaff Financial has partnered with our Addison based client in search of a dynamic Contract Accounting Manager to join their growing team! CPA is Required! This is a six - nine month contract that could go permanent!
This position offers an opportunity to provide leadership to your direct reports in a FANTASTIC culture!
The Accounting Manager is responsible for leading the month-end close process, partnering with external auditors, and streamlining procedures with the accounting team.
- Direct responsibility for the leadership and development of the accounting staff. (Performance and development, coaching, hiring, etc)
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining financial reporting.
- Research accounting literature and apply technical standards to complex transactions.
- Manage the external audit process
- Review SOX requirements and testing
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement
- Communicate accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the upper management team
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 2 + years of management or leadership experience (training/mentoring others)
- 5 years of full cycle accounting experience
- SAP experience would be highly preferred