Date Posted: December 27, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 335189
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for accurately preparing financial reports and timely submitting assigned internal and external reporting requirements. Responsible for preparing reconciliations and roll- forwards on assigned accounts, performing validation of local reports to ERP systems, reviewing income statements, trial balance, and analyzing the balance sheet and cash flow. Responsible for Inter-company accounting and cash accounting in USD and foreign currencies. Responsible for incorporating new financial requirements and completing ad hoc projects. Responsible for supervising assigned general ledger accounting functions.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to be liaison between corporate office and local staff in fulfilling monthly reporting requirements that include analysis of balance sheet and assigned general ledger accounts. Provide support during forecast and budget periods that includes providing selected input to financial statements in prescribed formats.
- Responsible for preparing assigned reports, work papers, journal entries, account reconciliations, and documentation for monthly financial reporting. Prepare responses to external year-end audit requests and scheduled internal audits.
- Responsible for Intercompany accounting and confirmations, and cash account reconciliations. Responsible for improving processes and incorporating prescribed changes. Researching new accounting pronouncements in conjunction with corporate directives and updating local accounting policies and procedures where applicable.
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting variances for various general ledger accounts. Position will support others in various disciplines in understanding financial results as well as responding to corporate queries.
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger according to IFRS and will be the IFRS resource for US and Canada.
- Responsible for monitoring Other Income and Expenses accounts and Restructuring accounts and understanding proper accounting according to company policy. Position will provide monthly financial reporting to North America Controller and other internal management as requested.
- Responsible for managing a general ledger accountant and associated responsibilities including Fixed Assets, Property Taxes, Sales & Use Tax and government reports and reviewing account reconciliations.
- Responsible for managing account payable specialists and associated responsibilities.
- Responsible for new report development and compliance, including requirements gathering, troubleshooting, testing, and end user communication.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Accounting required; CPA or CA preferred. Two or more years of public accounting experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience required. Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred and a plus.
- Experience with financial statement preparation and analysis and monthly close processes.
- Strong familiarity with IFRS, foreign currency accounting and inter-company accounting requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in ERP systems for JD Edwards and Hyperion Financial Management strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Analytical Thinking – Approaching a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Forward Thinking – Anticipating the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering – Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that information from appropriate sources, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information.
- Conceptual Thinking – Finding effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
- Fostering Innovation – Demonstrating support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness.
- Results Orientation – Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Thoroughness – Ensuring that one’s own and other’s work and information are complete and accurate; careful preparation for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Decisiveness – Making difficult decisions in a timely manner.
- Fostering Teamwork – As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together cooperatively.
- Managing Performance – Taking responsibility for one’s own or one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations.
- Attention to Communication – Ensuring that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Customer Orientation – Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Personal Credibility – Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem. .
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Mathematical Reasoning — The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Number Facility — The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
If you are interested and qualified, please contact us immediately!