Date Posted: January 9, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 332914
Certified Medical Assistant
General medicine practice is in need of a Certified Medical Assistant to assist with checking in and rooming patients. This position will also perform applicable front office and clerical duties including but not limited to scheduling, insurance verification, updating patient information, and submitting referrals to specialists. Must have strong customer service skills and a positive attitude!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Medical Assistant knowledge and skills to perform tasks under the conformance of current and recognized techniques, procedures, and standards.
- Office reception including greeting patients, answering telephone, and conducting outbound calls to patients.
- Documenting patients’ demographics, history, symptoms and other significant information as directed by the Practitioners.
- Managing patient flow.
- Clearly communicating with office staff, Practitioners, and the patient to ensure coordination of care.
- Maintain documentation and patient files.
- Maintain a functional and clean work environment.
- Carry out Practitioners orders accurately and efficiently.
- Provide timely and thorough follow-up with internal and external clientele.
- Demonstrate professionalism and provide excellent customer service.
- Graduate of a certified Medical Assistant program or approved state agency in CA
- Minimum 2 years of clinical MA experience
- Medical terminology proficiency
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of EMR, experience with EPIC software preferred
- Typing speed exceeding 30 WPM
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of protected health information in compliance with HIPAA regulations
Hours will be Monday – Friday, 35-40 hours weekly