Date Posted: September 11, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 325006
Exciting Credit Analyst Opportunity!
This is a temp to hire position - starting pay between $21-23/hr
The credit analyst is responsible for all credit and collection functions and performs the duties within the guidelines of company policies and procedures; supports the efforts of the sales department and performs any additional functions or duties as deemed necessary by the credit supervisor.
Review and release customer orders daily in a timely manner.
Manages accounts receivables aging including researching and applying payments, preparing and updating aging reports and reviewing with regional sales managers and sales representatives.
Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external customers.
Contact customer in timely manner to insure prompt payment in accordance with established terms of sale.
Establish and maintain reasonable lines of credit for assigned accounts.
Identify and resolve customer disputes in a timely manner.
Keep accurate, detailed notes on all customer accounts.
Identify accounts that are not performing, to be referred to outside agencies for resolution.
Processes credits, check requests, phone payments, demand letters and third party collection paperwork.
Submits credit requests, sales transfers, debit memos for check requests and account write offs.
Prepares and sends invoice copies, statements and letters of collection correspondence to customers and sales representatives as needed.
Assists with cash receipts and returns processing as needed.
Provides accounts receivable-related assistance to upper management and auditors as required.
Performs additional tasks including obtaining proofs of deliver and tax exemption certificates, creating payment spreadsheets, verifying and processing address changes, following up on returns, researching account contacts for invoice and payment information and general filing.
- 3-5 years of experience in collections and credit management
- Bachelor's Degree a plus
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills including decision-making and problem solving
- Strong professional communication skills with all levels of internal and external customers
- Positive attitude
- Detail oriented with emphasis on quality
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong collections and accounting experience
- Strong reconciliation skills
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Strong computer skills - ERP experience (SAP preferred) and MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a team player