Date Posted: November 12, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 322416
Seeking an Staff Accountant with at least 5 yrs experience who will assist the Accounting Manager with accounts payable, inventory and purchasing processing, expense reimbursement processing, accounting/finance reports, reconciliations, HR and other office responsibilities. This individual will be responsible for ensuring accuracy in all invoices and expense reports processed; obtaining proper authorization and all support documentation; verifying correct GL coding and amounts are processed. Additional duties include but not limited to collecting supporting documentation for audits, month end close, and assist with general office duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices to ensure uninterrupted service from vendors.
- Review vendor invoices and other documentation to ensure accurate billing, approvals and G/L coding.
- Maintain vendor contracts and vendor relations.
- Identify expenses and update weekly forecast reports
- Compile and ensure accurate billing, documentation and proper authorization of T&E expense reimbursement reports.
- Process and maintain supply purchase orders through Quartzy and QuickBooks.
- Assist with maintaining and processing inventory management reports.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations, AP accruals and monthly spreadsheets to track various expenses for month end close.
- Communicate with internal and external shareholders in relation to PPM capital contributions.
- Provide supporting documentation for audit requests. Maintain accurate records and files associated with various business transactions.
- Other office duties including but not limited to filing, supply orders/tracking, mailing/shipping, maintaining organized supply room and kitchen.
- Ad hoc requests and special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Have at least 5 years’ work experience as a Staff Acct
- Proficient with intermediate Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills - including vlookup, pivot tables and building custom reports
- QuickBooks software
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, well organized, a self-starter and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional attitude, team player and reliable.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written.