Date Posted: September 11, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 321670
Pridestaff Financial has partnered with our North Dallas based client in search of a dynamic leader to join their growing Revenue Recognition team.
This is a thriving publicly held organization that offers a relaxed culture, onsite gym, coffee shops, on campus dining and MUCH more!
- Develop and manage the Company’s revenue recognition processes and ensure GAAP compliance.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial reports from various financial systems.
- Partner with internal teams to provide guidance while ensuring worldwide compliance with revenue recognition rules and appropriate revenue recognition treatment.
- Review contracts, quarterly portfolio analysis and annual updates.
- Analyze and interpret accounting standards to support new business requirements.
- Perform special projects as needed, including assessing implications of recently issued revenue recognition guidance.
- Interpret revenue arrangements, including compensation provided to customers, revenue work papers, and revenue implications and document conclusions on revenue recognition treatment.
- Partner with external auditors
- Manage monthly revenue accounting close efforts, including preparation/review of auditable products, support revenue, and deferred revenue account reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reports and management analysis
- Maintain control documentation
- Other technical accounting projects and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in revenue accounting strongly preferred.
- CPA and public accounting experience. Big 4 is ideal
- Comprehensive understanding and application of ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25, ASU 2009-13, and ASU 2009-14.
- Experience writing complex technical accounting position papers.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems