Salary: 16.00 - 19.00
Date Posted: January 9, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 319125
Job Description - Accounts Payable
Our Client is confidentially seeking a dynamic Accounts Payable Specialist for their corporate accounting office in Fresno. AP professionals perform accounting tasks associated with the preparation and maintenance of Accounts Payable and other financial matters.
Job Responsibilities - Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Specialists ensure the timely and accurate posting of accounts payable invoices and timely and accurate processing of checks in accordance with company policies and procedures. Positions provide overall support to the Accounting Department as needed.
Additional responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Specialist include:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Analyzes vendors statements to ensure timely payments
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you must have basic mathematical aptitude. You must also be highly organized and communicative, as others will rely on the accuracy of your information to make key decisions. We are also seeking someone with a diverse software background.
Additional requirements for Accounts Payable Specialists may include:
- Understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepting Accounting Principles)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Attention to detail and outstanding editing skills
- Accounts Payable experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- High school diploma required
- AA degree or certificate in accounting
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable