Date Posted: August 10, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 315307
Our client provides innovative water conservation products and services to help agricultural businesses increase production and lower their carbon footprint. The Company’s mission is to conserve 500 billion gallons of water per year by 2024 by providing solutions at ground level.
As the largest consumer of water, the agricultural community is under regulatory, economic, and environmental pressure to grow more with fewer resources.
- increase revenues - by improving crop yield, crop quality, and generating alternative energy.
- reduce expenses – by lowering the cost of water, power, sewage (wastewater), labor, feed, and regulatory compliance.
- reduce their carbon footprint – by consuming less water, improving the quality of water, reducing nitrate and greenhouse gas production, and increasing carbon sequestration.
The company owns and operates a portfolio of water conservation businesses, which has been serving the agricultural community for nearly a century.
Our client is seeking a Controller to oversee all financial statement and accounting functions across multiple entities. Join an established accounting team with a platform ERP system already in place with documented best practices and SOPs. Walk into a company with established accounting procedures, processes, and a clean balance sheet. The Controller is expected to:
- Review and approve all financial statement prep by Accounting Manager; adjustments and schedules, departmental and combined financial reports
- Manage, update and maintain full ERP system to ensure established SOP compliance
- Oversee full cycle payroll processing; includes all monthly/quarterly/annual Fed/State Tax
- Oversee of all annual required gov’t federal, state, & county returns, forms, and licenses
- Manage daily cash and treasury function
- Manage ERP security & user maintenance, module and period closes
- Manage quarterly and annual financial close procedures
- Prepare for annual CPA Financial Reviews minimizing adjustments
- Review all annual financial tax returns
Location in Selma, CA (near Fresno)
The ideal candidate for Controller will be a seasoned accounting leader with a proven track record of successful financial reporting and exemplary cash management in growing companies. The solution-oriented manager can shift between technical accounting and coaching; willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves as an individual contributor while providing strong support to the organization and the accounting team.
- 5+ years of experience in a Controller or CFO position for a $20M+ company with multiple business units and entities.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial operations, accounting, reporting and application of GAAP principles
- Well-developed relationship-building, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills with proven ability to cultivate strong relationships and trust, internally and externally. A strong, effective communicator and presenter
- Strong cash management experience required
- Payroll management experience required
- Perpetual Inventory preferred but not a requirement
- Proven effectiveness managing and developing others.
- BS in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA or CPA preferred.
- Must live within 30 miles of Selma, CA and pass full National and State background checks
- Must have advanced MS Excel skills
- Must have experience with an ERP system; Sage 100 Contractor preferred
- Experience with accounting software that includes job & equipment costing and labor burdens
- Construction experience preferred but not a requirement
- Salary: $110k to $120k plus bonus
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance
- Vacation: 3 weeks
Exemplary integrity: Demonstrate, promote and reinforce an uncompromising commitment to high standards of ethical behavior. Inspire and build trust through transparency and honesty.
Please be sure you qualify for this position prior to applying with us. Thank you!