Salary: $55,000 - $62,000
Date Posted: July 17, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 311970
Job Description Staff Accountant
We are searching for a self-motivated, highly driven individual to join our fast-paced team environment. The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Association’s Chief Financial Officer and will prepare financial related reports and communications, maintains internal controls, prepare patronage calculations, calculate taxes owed, and work on special projects related to the Fiscal Department. Responsibilities will include:
- Uses business analytics and financial analysis to communicate financial and operational performance trends; including historical and forecasted.
- Creates monthly budget reports. Drafts financial, regulatory and compliance reports for review.
- Prepares complex financial analysis and creates business reporting in areas such as Asset Liability, Budget, Compliance, Internal Controls and Annual Association reports
- Demonstrate the ability to create business reporting designed to facilitate timely decisions.
- Analyzes loan data and risk factors to prepare schedules for the Allowance for Loan Loss reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain effective internal control.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish processes for assuring the Association’s objectives in operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish and execute overall methods to ensure the integrity of the Association’s financial and accounting information.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate internal control structure and compliance to meet operational and profitability targets of the Association.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate internal control policies throughout the Association.
Budget Monitoring and Projections
- Under general direction, the Staff Accountant will perform difficult and complex advanced level budgetary duties.
- Maintain and monitor appropriate budgeting controls.
- Collect, compile, and analyze information from various sources to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Interpret and evaluate monthly analyses of business trends, including budget variance and key performance indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations.
Job Requirements Staff Accountant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and skill in interpreting and applying GAAP.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Microsoft Access and Visio is a plus.
- Outstanding customer service skills to promote and support a service-oriented culture.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently to gather, compile and organize information in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
- Ability to analyze financial statement results and report on variances from budget and prior periods.
- Strong deductive and critical thinking skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, including the ability to apply processes and procedures to factual data to make a logical decision.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform accurately and timely within established deadlines; attention to detail is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Two years of experience in public accounting, or 3 years of private industry experience preferably in financial institutions.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please apply immediately!