Date Posted: March 20, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 306756
Logistics & Customer Service Clerk
Local winery in South Fresno County is looking for an outstanding Purchasing & Customer Service Clerk to provide support to the Logistics and Customer Service departments. Prior experience in purchasing, shipping, and logistics highly preferred. Position is Full-Time, Monday through Friday.
- Back up to both Purchasing and Customer Service in their absence
- Learn all areas of Customer Service such as Customer specifications, order taking, rate quotes, domestic and export shipping documents, invoicing, scheduling orders, sample requests, month end and year end reports, etc…
- Learn all areas of purchasing such as preparing quote request, requisition and purchase order preparation, scheduling of vendors, following up on open orders, etc.
- Add new material to file records, and create new records as necessary
- Answer questions about records and files
- Maintain procurement records
- Maintain vendor records that include the following information: physical location, mailing address, contact, telephone number, fax number, email address, notes (Vendor performance, ordering tips, shipping information etc.) and purchase history
- Maintain materials/equipment records that contain the following information: item name/description, vendor(s), cross reference to the item specification file and a two year purchase history
- Perform periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition
- Gather materials to be filed from departments and employees
- Various clerical duties including typing, faxing, photo copying, data entry
- Provide backup to send, maintain log and distribute faxes
- Follow-up on any daily/weekly faxes that are not received
- Other duties as assigned by Purchasing Manager, and/or other management
- High School diploma or GED.
- AA degree or equivalent preferred and/or 2 years of related experience
- Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer applications