Salary: $15.00 to $21.00
Date Posted: May 18, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 304652
If you’re reading this and don’t have at least a year’s worth of experience in Medical AR Insurance Follow-up, then this position isn’t for you. Our client has obtained our services to find them talented, Grade-A, employees and that means experience.
So, let’s lay it out. Our client is documented awesome. This means they have a unique culture that’s won them multiple Best Places to Work awards, but none of that means much if the job doesn’t match your interests and personality. If you’ve read this far, I’m assuming you have decent experience in Accounts Receivable and know all about insurance, EOB’s, and the games you must play to get answers from the insurance companies. That’s great! So is a drive to help patients and solve problems for the hospital, but what we really need is someone who feeds off that rush you get when you’ve plowed through all the barriers and achieved your goal. Someone who thrives on hard-won victories and is willing to make those calls, emails, and faxes until you get the answers you need. People who deflate after one defeat simple won’t be a good fit for this role.
- Follow up with insurance carriers on assigned accounts in the practice management system from initial invoice to payment in full
- File electronic and paper claims
- Review remits for accurate patient responsibility
- Work denials until we have a resolution
- Handle phone inquiries from both patient and insurance carriers regarding invoices
- Review aging reports in the practice management system
- 2 years of medical office experience
- Prior experience in working with collections from insurance carriers
- Working knowledge of medical and insurance terms
- Ability to review, comprehend, discuss HCFA billing with insurance or Government agencies
- Knowledge of general insurance requirements
If you pride yourself on your persistence, drive to succeed, and ability to talk your way through a brick wall then send us your resume now. This is a career move that offers real opportunities to grow and expand, all while working within an amazing company. We’d love to talk with you about this position.