Date Posted: April 13, 2018
Job ID: 303821
Job Responsibilities – Medical Biller and Coder
As a Medical Biller and Coder, you will collect on delinquent accounts by establishing a billing/payment arrangement with patients. Efficient follow-up on billing arrangements with patients when payment gaps take place.
Additional responsibilities for the Medical Biller and Coder include:
- Establish relations with collection agencies and small claims court for collections
- Proficient use of Client’s EMR Platform
- Use coded data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies for billing purposes
- Maintain medical bad-debt cost report by tracking billings
- Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims
- Verify patient insurance coverage
- Secure outstanding balance payments for hospital employees through payroll deductions
- Protect patient billing confidentiality
- Enhance billing department and hospital reputation
Job Requirements – Medical Biller and Coder
As the Medical Biller and coder, you must be diligent and detail oriented. The Medical Biller and Coder must have a high level of critical thinking skills for our busy client.
Additional requirements of the Medical Biller and Coder include:
- Must be familiar with EOB's (explanation of benefits) and the differences in deductibles and co-pay's.
- Candidate must have knowledge of medical terminology, medical claims, HMOs, and *ICD-9, ICD-10, and CPT* codes, and diagnosis coding.
- Would prefer the candidate to have accuracy instead of speed in data entry.
- Would like candidates to have 2+ years of medical billing experience.