Date Posted: August 10, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 303409
Job Description - ACCOUNTING CLERK – AR and AP
The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department including:
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (SAP, Mas 400, Dynamix, Oracle are examples)
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Full cycle A/P, matching, vouchering, and GL coding.
Job Responsibilities - ACCOUNTING CLERK – AR and AP
- Recording monthly credit card expense transactions.
- Assisting in major bank reconciliations.
- Matching and verifying cash expenses.
- Other various accounting projects as needed.
- Utilizes computerized accounting software programs (CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Generates accounting statements and reports.
- Researches cash receipts, coding, and posting of receipts in accounting software.
- Prepares daily bank deposit using Direct Deposit Scanner and software.
- Researches and applies unallocated cash.
- Oversees client trust accounts, accounts receivable write-offs and payment reversals.
- Develops automated spreadsheets.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Organizes and maintains up to date financial records.
- Provides monthly financial and management reports as requested by Controller/CFO.
- Maintains telephone and personal contact with attorneys, staff, and vendors on receivable matters as directed by the manager.
- Reads, uses and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Assists in financial management and analysis, as requested.
- Organizes and maintains electronic and hard copy retention files for the required period of time.
Job Requirements - ACCOUNTING CLERK – AR and AP
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Basic computer skills and word processing.
- Good mathematical background
- Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator for a variety of accounting functions
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
Qualified Candidates will have:
- AA Degree in Accounting (transcripts required)
- 2 years' experience in accounting
- Excellent communication skills, (written, and verbal)
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment