Date Posted: March 13, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 302725
Assistant Controller – Senior Accountant – Accounting Manager
Job Description – Assistant Controller
In this challenging and important role, you will participate in the management and reporting of financial affairs while providing leadership to the accounting team and being generally involved in many facets of accounting, financial reporting, planning and analysis. The Assistant Controller will also manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial data as well as the departmental staff.
Job Responsibilities – Assistant Controller
As an Assistant Controller, you will be held responsible for the timely and accurate completion of accounting activities. You will also provide information and support to corporate and internal/external audit personnel.
Additional responsibilities for the Assistant Controller include:
- Performing SEC reporting
- Overseeing month-end and year-end close processes
- Balancing sheet account management
- Developing and maintaining operational reports
- Preparing internal and external financial statements
Job Requirements – Assistant Controller
As an Assistant Controller, you must have proven supervisor/leadership skills. This requires excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. You must also have strong analytical skills and extensive accounting knowledge.
Additional requirements of the Assistant Controller include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 8 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a supervisory level
- CPA designation, preferred
- MBA, preferred
- SEC reporting experience, preferred
- Previous experience in public accounting, preferred
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, preferred
Compensation – Assistant Controller
The chosen Assistant Controller will receive an hourly pay based on experience and skillset.