Date Posted: February 9, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 298860
The Project Accountant will be responsible for ensuring accurate cost accounting and expeditious payment to vendors and subcontractors. In addition, the position requires precise billing to both public works and private project clients.
- Must demonstrate experience in construction accounting, protocols, and terminologies.
- Minimum five years’ experience in both disciplines for a General Contractor.
- Experience in Master Builder/Sage Accounting Software and Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of lien releases.
- Highly proficient in AIA Billing.
- Financial analysis and payroll experience is a plus.
- Good verbal, written communications skills with positive attitude who works well with others.
- Submits AIA forms to Project Managers prior to billing for percentages to invoice.
- Prepares monthly AIA billings for clients to include the appropriate lien releases.
- Submits billing and lien releases to clients and follows through on collections.
- Files all project billings in appropriate jobs files.
- Responsible for retention billing.
- Assist Project Managers with monthly projections.
- Keep an organized system for Preliminary Notices.
- Ensures all lien releases are received prior to release of payment, including subcontractor’s vendors releases.
- Maintain accurate job-costing by communicating with field staff to ensure appropriate coding.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Precise data entry of invoices to ensure job-costing is accurate.
- Bi-weekly payment of vendors/subs.
- Building and maintaining vendor files.
- Filing of all paid invoices.
- Maintains and updates payroll information on a weekly basis.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Experience with state/federal reporting & filings.
Location: Fresno, CA