Date Posted: January 18, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 294912
Responsible for supervising the accounting department staff, overseeing the monthly close process, and coordinating the annual audit.
Principal Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure completion and accuracy of the daily availability calculation and bank reconciliations.
- Resolve any Positive Pay exceptions from the bank.
- Oversee cash management through rolling LIBOR tranches.
- Manage Accounts Payable reports to ensure payments are made within vendor terms, that erroneous entries are resolved timely, and that nothing displays as overdue on the reports.
- Manage Accounts Receivable reports to ensure collections are being monitored and transactions are being posted timely.
- Review summary payroll posting reports.
- Run meetings for general accounting department, accounts payable team, and accounts receivable team.
- Review accounting department employee timecards.
- Review borrowing base (November – February).
- Review borrowing base.
- Review and post adjusting journal entries prepared by staff.
- Assemble monthly financial statements and analyze variances.
- Calculate monthly fixed charge coverage ratio.
- Send financial statements and covenant calculation to bank.
- Compile quarterly/annual information for Board of Directors meeting PowerPoint deck
- Assemble Board member binders
- Coordinate financial statement audit.
- Compile reports from audit request lists.
- Ensure issuance of financials by the covenant deadline.
- Calculate annual tangible net worth and working capital covenants.
- Send audited financials and annual covenants to banks.
- Assemble and coordinate support for tax return at the request of Tax Consultant.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Calculate lease classification analyses as needed.
- Serve as backup in accounts payable and accounts receivable roles as needed
- Communicate thoroughly and courteously with other departments, bankers, attorneys, auditors, customers and vendors
- Communicate in advance to CFO regarding issues that affect bank covenant compliance or financial targets.
- Prioritize workload and communicates in advance to CFO if it is anticipated that assigned work load will not be completed in a timely manner.
- Complete and/or participate in special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Is available to support the Manager of Grower Payables, Chief Financial Officer, President and other Board members as needed.
- Supervise eight clerks and accountants, resolving job difficulties beyond their capabilities, and being available for training and questions as needed.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
Knowledge: Accounting practices. Navision, Excel, and related computer applications.
Skills: Analyzing Information.
Abilities: Problem solving. Planning and organizing. Customer service for both company associates and external vendors.
In the absence of the Controller, the CFO will assign appropriate coverage for this position from his team.