West Palm Beach, FL
Date Posted: January 12, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 293903
PrideStaff Financial is seeking a Property Accountant on a temp to hire basis for a growing commercial real estate services firm in West Palm Beach.
The Property Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Accounting Manager with a set of assigned properties’ financial records. Must be familiar with all aspects of property management accounting such as posting transactions, running reports, reconciling accounts and interacting with the Property Managers.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles for application of day to day responsibilities
- Prepares monthly journal entries and accruals as required
- Processes A/R checks
- Reviews A/R entries on a daily basis, solving any discrepancies as necessary in a timely manner
- Processes A/P entries such as utilities and recurring and regular invoices
- Processes security deposit check requests within scheduled deadline
- Processes write offs and collections
- Processes monthly loan payments and reconciles mortgage impound balances accordingly
- Tracks delinquency/aging and contacts Property Managers accordingly
- Reviews weekly property account balances in order to manage cash flow effectively
- Forecasts cash flow and cash management on a timely basis
- Works closely with Property Managers o help reconcile tenant accounts/ledgers
- Participates in preparing and auditing materials requiring analysis of supporting documents and insures that all entries are entered into the system properly
- Prepares Year End 1099’s for Accounting Manager’s review
- Assists with property taxes and insurance audits
- Adjusts errors and discrepancies
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, or a related field required
- Minimum of 3 years Accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years Property Management/Real Estate experience
- Yardi experience a plus/preferred
Qualified candidates please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter “Property Acct” on subject line with salary requirement.
PrideStaff recently received the highest staffing agency honor having been named to the 2017 Best of Staffing® Client List. Fewer than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America earned the 2017 Best of Staffing® award for providing remarkable service quality to their clients and associates. Come join our team!