Date Posted: May 15, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 288217
STAFF ACCOUNTANT, CORPORATE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for balance sheet general ledger reconciliation, including but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank/cash reconciliation, and other assets.
- Review transactions in billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash.
- Maintain customer detail in QuickBooks for one entity. Reconcile QuickBooks activity monthly.
- Complete assigned month end close tasks including General ledger journal entries.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Assist in the completion of monthly and annual close cycles, ensuring that financial reporting is performed in a timely manner that meets corporate close deadlines.
- Recommend modifications and improvements to existing programs and processes.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reasonable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including expense and accruals.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash account reconciliation experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards. Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Viewpoint/Vista ERP software experience is a plus.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual and a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Accounting and directly applicable work experience.
3+ years of complex accounting experience, preferably for multiple entities.
Demonstrated initiative and follow-through.