Date Posted: October 12, 2017
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 284667
The HR Manager plays a key role in translating business objectives into actionable HR & talent initiatives, working alongside managers on all aspects of people management.
Based in Louisville, KY, you will be our local HR support for the Edit, Technology, Finance and Call Centre client groups as well as supporting our national managers and employees across the Tech division.
You will provide solutions-focused HR guidance and best practice to help your business units achieve their goals. This includes helping attract and hire great talent, developing high potential employees and creating a great place to work and learn.
Will include building effective partnerships with your business unit management to build a culture of innovation and performance excellence.
As a member of the HR team, you will provide generalist HR support across the business in areas including organizational design, performance management, leadership development, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, HR operations (including compensation, HRIS and benefits), and employee relations;
In your first year with the client you will own and lead projects including:
- Employer Brand - helping build a strong employer brand in the local market geared to attracting and retaining great talent
- Career fairs – partnering with our call center team to host quarterly job fairs to attract and retain great talent
- University relations – building on our great momentum with local universities to create talent pipeline
- Org design – partner with the HR Director to build and implement team structures focused on revenue and performance
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 5+ years of well-rounded HR experience in a professional environment where customer service is paramount; well-versed in disciplines of the HR function and current in emerging talent practices and developments;
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Must demonstrate influence and client consulting skills with employees, managers and senior leadership;
- Detail and goal-oriented, has the flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities while focused on customer service and quality;
- Must be confident in handling ambiguity and fluid situations and have an abundance of common sense and pragmatism;
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment;
- BS/BA in Business, Industrial Psychology, or Human Resources; PHR designation highly desired;
- Must successfully pass a background check;
- In addition, The client will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories.