Date Posted: September 14, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 279381
This position requires a self-motivated, dependable and highly organized individual who possesses good written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate should be able to work with minimal supervision with the ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
They will be responsible for the successful coordination of all collection functions as well as the client relationship management an assigned portfolio of customers; Major accounts with multiple locations. Develop and maintain consistent communication with customers and sales teams regarding accounts. Negotiate financial arrangements for extended payments on delinquent accounts with management approval of plan.
Essential Job Functions
Will handle both commercial and residential collections.
- Manages assigned portfolio of major/large customers, handle verbal and written communication directly with the internal/external customers.
- Resolve account disputes and inquires, handles collection negotiations and reconciliations on customer accounts.
- Researches and analyzes accounts prior to initiating contact, examines historical data, evaluates past collection efforts and makes appropriate decisions on past due balances to be worked to resolution.
- Contacts customer to establish reason for past due balances.
- Follow up to ensure obligation satisfied.
- Knowledge of accounting-GL entries, cash applications and account reconciliation.
- Compiles information and prepares reporting on collection activities for supervisor.
- Prepare account reconciliations; compile data and submit supporting documentation for adjustments to resolve outstanding issues and disputes.
- Recommends accounts to be turned over to outside collection agency or for litigation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients; liaising with other staff within the company such as account managers, operations and branch managers.
- AR Month-end close duties and all other related duties as required.
- Extended or OT hours may be required.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable Collections, Analyst or Account management role required.
Receivable experience handling major customers, commercial and residential working with centralized and decentralized corporate offices.
Excellent negotiation and customer service skills with proven successful results.
Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
Multi system experience required
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially advanced knowledge of Excel
Able to work under pressure, meet changing deadlines, and maintain orderly files and demonstrate good judgment
Ability to be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills plus a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
Position requires excellent communication skills to convey information effectively to customers as well as team members.
PrideStaff Financial (North Dallas location) is a locally-owned staffing & placement firm with a strong reputation as a fun-loving, quality-focused service provider. Our employees enjoy the following:
A professional, supportive team environment
Representation to North Dallas’ top employers
Full medical benefits package
Dedicated consultants that provide industry insights & resources to ensure continued career development
These are some of the many reasons we were recently recognized as one of
Dallas’ Best Places to Work! Learn more about the power of partnering with PrideStaff Financial at staffingindallas.com!