Client in Visalia is currently looking for an accounting clerk to perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers. Must have good working knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Proficiently and accurately process vendor and supplier invoices by stamping, coding, dispersing to proper person or persons for approval, and entering invoices for payment.
- Confirm that all received invoices have been approved and have corresponding purchase orders and packing slips. Scan invoices into ledger.
- Collect, and review all employees’ expense reports. Ensure all receipts are attached and Managers have approved prior to giving to processing.
- Arrange and gather all data needed to prepare all Lien Documentation.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate).
- Accounts Payable experience. Competency working with numbers.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently.
- Proficient using QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines during the month.
- Proficiently communicate with all levels of personnel, vendors, and customers in a professional manner both verbally and written.