Date Posted: April 20, 2017
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 264400
Partner with PrideStaff where we work for you!
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization with branches across the U.S. – each office locally-owned and plugged into the community. We get to know you and proactively advocate on your behalf with leading employers. Our goal is to see you succeed!
Our Client in Newark is currently seeking a Bookkeeper to join their team! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for their company.
Experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing day-to-day accounting and financial requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Obtain primary financial data for accounting records
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Compute and record numerical data
- Check the accuracy of business transactions
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Pay vendor invoices and track account balances
- Perform data entry and administrative duties
- Office management (ordering supplies, errands, scheduling)
- Administrative management (filing, scheduling, reporting)
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping, payable and receivables
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must have strong attention to detail, previous data entry experience required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Hands-on experience with Quick Books, Excel spreadsheets, and MS Office
At Pridestaff, we recognize and appreciate our team member’s hard work and enthusiasm! Therefore, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package!
Benefits package as a placed Field Associate include:
- Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
- Dental and Vision Plan Options
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay